Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Finally got something started

After a great deal of indecision, I finally decided to work on the Lace Kneehighs from Interweave Knits Winter 2004 in some stashed Grignasco Bambi merino 4ply. (This very disciplined use of my stash was necessary to keep the Christmas budget intact; normally I would never use anything from my stash!) Here's a shot of my progress so far (black lace socks=difficult to photograph):
Yes that's a pink feather dusterTake my word for it, there is a leaf pattern going on in there. I have consulted with the one other person I know of who has made these socks for advice on a few technical details, and away I went. Progress is going remarkably fast at the moment - I guess that's because I'm still on the first sock - but I can now remember why everyone thinks socks are so fun. In fact, I'm already planning my second pair - the Jaywalker socks are looking just gorgeous, so they're next on the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home