Friday, February 17, 2006

My "first real" pair of socks done..in pictures!


"Sock it to me Summer" KAL, The QR socks, all done.
The details....

Pattern: Heirloom Jigsaw Ladies Short Sock Pattern
Needles: Clover 2.5mm dpn's
Yarn: Heirloom Jigsaw 4ply Self patterning Sock Yarn. Colour #28.

Most knitting done on the commute to work, 2nd sock majority of knitting on the road to Armidale.

Next socks OTN ATM are sock in Opal self striping yarn, Lollypop range, using Shazzza knits sock pattern (eek 20 rows of K1,P1 ribbing....) Cast on, on the way home from Armidale.

Sock yarn purchased in Guyra at Black Sheep Wool N Wares.... Opal (ladybird), Herloom jigsaw, and Heirloom Argyle in a toasty grey colour. More Dpn's ordered today online.

Hello my name is Rachael and I am addicted to sock knitting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherrill said...

Hello Rachael...love the socks. Great job for your "first real" pair. Looking forward to pics of more socks you complete. Keep up the excellent knitting.

2:49 pm  
Blogger Rachael Elswyk said...

I've found cheaper $$$ Jigsaw online for $16.99 a ball. go to my blog, and in my sidebar is the link for Crossways fabric and wool, I think it's called. Some otherplaces charge up to $24 and sorry, it's just not worth that. I paid $16 for the last ball I purchased in person (!, now that was exciting!)

8:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home