Sunday, January 08, 2006

A stocking hung by the chimney with care

Hello all - happy new year! I am finally getting round to reporting on my sock progress after a couple weeks lazing about in the sun. The first sock of my lace knee highs (pattern from Interweave Knits Winter 2004) was finished on Christmas Eve, just in time for it to be hung out in the hopes that Santa would stuff it with goodies.
Here it is, depleted of goodies, and modelled on a somewhat disembodied-looking leg (and apologies - I had to use the flash - it's really difficult to photograph black lace socks on your own leg!):
(My photo library looks like a night at the Moulin Rouge, what with all the different shots of my leg doing the can-can.)
Second Sock Syndrome might have taken hold, or it could have been the stupor of the holidays - but I didn't get the second sock cast on until 2006, when I was sitting in the rain waiting for play to begin at Day 1 of the South Africa test match at the SCG (Jan 2nd). Very little has been done since then (mainly because the weather improved, the cricket started, and I was paying too much attention to Brett Lee who was fielding alarmingly close to my seat, what a spunk!) but I will keep you posted!

4 Comments:

Blogger Stitchingmum said...

Oooh, so jealous about the close proximity to Brett Lee!! He's one of the reasons I occasionally watch cricket, lol!! And the sock is absolutely gorgeous - you've got me thinking about a shorter version....

2:04 pm  
Blogger Sherrill said...

Love the sock...excellent job. I hope the goodies stashed in it were all chocolatey and delicious.

4:48 am  
Blogger knitabulous said...

Brett Lee's from Wollongong and I work for Wollongong Council. We had a civic reception for him a few years back and hardly anyone showed up so they got a 'rent a crowd' on the staff bulletin board and I went.
I shook his hand and had a chat with him.
Unfortunately it was wasted on me - he was too young and too blonde for my taste.
I'll let you guys know if it happens again (lol).

9:06 am  
Blogger The Bear said...

wow nice job Meg, love the pattern

11:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home