Tuesday, January 03, 2006

vintage sock and cloverleaf


vintage sock and cloverleaf
Originally uploaded by Jan2132.
Proof that I have been doing some socks. The dark blue pair are the free Nancy Bush vintage pattern from 1900. I don't have the link handy right now, but it's easy enough to find in a search. I really like the edging. It's similar to a feather and fan, but much tighter where the feaher and fan is more of a wave. I might use it on some socks for the little grandaughters. Twelve row pattern. The dark colour drove my eyes crazy after a while. Bad choice with the lace.

The gold, actually a bit darker than shown here, is cloverleaf design from Six Sock Knitalong. The actual clover leaf is not all that easy to see.

The row which makes the two holes is "kn1, YO, Sl 1, kn 2 tog, psso, YO, kn1, p1." The second yarn over does not show up anywhere near as large as the first. The third hole, under the first two is made by "YO, SSK." Again it's not as big as the very first.

Still,it's an easy quick pattern. I did a lot of this on that dreadful New Year's Day where it reached 45 deg here. As can be seen, I've started the second gold sock on my new rosewood needles.

2 Comments:

Blogger Taryn said...

looking gorgeous Jan, i love the pattern on the navy ones, just lovely!

7:52 pm  
Blogger Susan George said...

These patterns are really fab

2:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home