Wednesday, January 11, 2006

ninas socks


ninas socks
Originally uploaded by Jan2132.
An easy, quick knit from Jeanie Townsend's sock knitalong. Easy pattern, short cuffs.

It wasn't till I was well down the cuff on the first sock that I realised I had omitted 8 rows of stocking stitch immediately after the ribbing. I did another pattern repeat to make up the length. Pattern has heel flap and gusset, but I experimented with a double wrap on the short row heel.

Colour was really hard to get. It's a teal blue with a grey look to it, sometimes looks powdery blue in afternoon light, so this is just an approximation.

These will be a present for a dancer friend of mine with small feet. She knits, so will appreciate them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Donna said...

Jan you're a sock knitting machine!! :)

11:57 am  
Blogger Baa Bonny Belle said...

Very pretty...lovely socks for a dancer to wear. Great job.

12:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home