Thursday, December 15, 2005

lux_sockees1938


lux_sockees1938
Originally uploaded by Jan2132.
I found this 1938 pattern at Brainylady's blog". I had only one 50 gm ball of Sirdar Town and Country sock wool, so wasn't sure how far it would go. I cut down the length of the cuff because of that, although I like this length. I have quite a bit left over. Otherwise I followed the pattern because I was interested in doing the older pattern.

I'd reshape the toe another time. I like star toes but this comes down too far to 7 stitches.

As far as the summers sock KAL goes, I had actually started the first sock before I joined so I had a start on them.

I'm not too sure what happened to my tension. The first sock is much looser than the second.

Deliberately fraternal twins. I'm usually not fussed about matching stripes although I can get very close when I do try.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

They are just so cute. I haven't tried ankle socks yet....... looks like I will have to add them to the list.

9:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home