Tuesday, November 22, 2005

WindingRoad socks


WindingRoad socks
Originally uploaded by Jan2132.
Good morning to all on this beautiful morning. I joined up last night after following a trail of links from a comment on a blog. Socks are just perfect for summer.

The picture is of my first pair of summer socks, finished yesterday but started in the heat of a week or so ago.

I call them my "Winding Road" socks. My own design taken from a cardigan I did for my mother in the 60s! Cardigan was of Bluebell Crepe and is still in good condition.

I was looking at the pattern and thought it looked like a winding road. My life has been very twisting this year with lots of potholes and bumps which you can see in the pattern. I just worked the design into my personalised sock preferences. It's Heirloom Easycare 5 ply.

I've started another pair, cream, from the same type of wool and have more planned. Toe up which is an experiment for me. I've just turned the short row heel. Other toe up socks have never reached that point before ripping. Looks like a busy summer! I also have some cotton blends which I haven't used before and may make something for the little granddaughters, 5,3,1.

I'm looking forward to seeing what others do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Taryn said...

nice work Jan! I've yet to try a toe up sock too, we'll see how brave i'm feeling when I start my socks.

7:57 am  
Blogger Stitchingmum said...

Gorgeous socks Jan, and I love the sentiment behind them!!
Alison

12:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home